18 May Demand Planning and Purchasing Manager Required
We are looking for someone to fill the key role of Demand Planning and Purchasing Manager.
You will report to the Finance & Operations Director and your priority will be to manage the purchasing and on time delivery of stocks from our suppliers based in China, UK and mainland Europe to our warehouse in Dublin & Belfast and onwards to our customers. The successful candidate will be an experienced supply chain professional who is ready now for the next step in their career.
Your key responsibilities will be as follows;
- Oversee the Sales Forecasting process by getting input from the Commercial teams to ensure we minimise excess stock holding while maximising availability.
- Place timely orders with suppliers to ensure we meet our minimum stock holding targets
- Liaise with our transport partners to ensure products are shipped on time and delivered to our warehouse.
- Produce regular reports for the Management Team on performance against key metrics and highlight issues to be addressed.
- Highlight slow moving and obsolete stock and challenge the business to reduce the volume of these items.
- Ensure that we minimise the cost of excess storage.
- Ensure that we have an effective and efficient process for deliveries to customers.
- Be the key point of contact to address Purchase Order or Goods Inwards issues.
- Own the maintenance of essential product data on the system including the introduction of new products.
- Ensure we have the systems we require to be effective and maximise the capability of those systems
- General stock control and accuracy of data
You will have 5 years’ relevant experience. You have strong PC skills and systems knowledge. You have very good Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Word. You are good at building effective working relationships and you are up for the challenge of leading a team in a busy environment.
What we can offer you
We will offer you a competitive salary commensurate with your experience, plus bonus as appropriate. Once you grow into the role, there is the opportunity for autonomy and to play a key role in shaping our processes and systems. You will join an ambitious team of people who are optimistic about the potential for growth and dedicated to maximising our potential. You will have direct access to the senior management team who appreciate how critical this role is to our future success.
How to apply
If you think this is the role for you and you think you have the energy and ability for it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.