06 Mar Trade Counter/Salesperson Required (Wholesale Division)
ECI LIGHTING is an Irish-owned business with a 50+ year history of supplying lighting to the Irish market. Currently with a head office in Dublin, a branch in Belfast, an office in Cork and sales team in the UK, the company is on an ambitious growth drive spurred on by the construction recovery in our markets and the substantial opportunities that this brings.
Our Wholesale division serves all corners of the Irish Electrical Wholesale market, and a vacancy has arisen in our Internal Sales Office and Trade Counter area, for a high calibre Customer Services specialist. This is a full-time, permanent position that is available immediately.
The successful candidate will: –
- Be engaging, mannerly, ambitious, positive, committed and industrious;
- Understand the importance of effective customer care;
- Have a successful track record in a busy customer interface environment;
- Have excellent organisational skills and a good aptitude for computer work;
- Possess a high standard of communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Show an ability to problem solve, be able to take charge of situations and handle a high degree of responsibility;
- Be comfortable participating in achieving team goals, contributing to decision making and reporting to managers.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to: –
- Act as the first point of contact with customers both at the counter, on the phone and by e-mail, portraying a professionalism and confidence that delivers the ultimate in customer satisfaction;
- Sales support and lead generation for our field sales team, assist with accumulation of customer sales data to assist in making strategic customer decisions and participating in defined marketing campaigns;
- Maximise sales by continually expanding orders and up selling on all incoming calls;
- Contacting existing customers to identify order capture through outgoing sales calls, ensure all quotations are followed up when necessary;
- Process orders, confirm stock positions, communicate with colleagues and customers to order completion and beyond;
- Focus on not just the personal impact but also on the image, layout and atmosphere of the trade counter and the sales office area in general.
This is a challenging role in a fast moving, competitive environment where customer satisfaction is critical to the success of our business. The successful candidate may be considered for a field sales role at a future time, should an opportunity arise.
Applications by email only to email@example.com.
Please note that we do not require agency or 3rd party assistance with this vacancy. Due to the high number of applications expected, only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.