14 Oct New Product Development/R&D Manager Required by ECI Lighting
Job Description: New Product Development and R&D Manager
Reporting To: Managing Director
Location: North Park, Dublin
Salary: DOE, (an idea of salary expectations on application would be helpful).
ECI Lighting was established in 1960 and has grown over almost 60 years to become one of the leading suppliers of lighting solutions in Ireland and the UK. The company is privately held and has over 250 wholesale channel partners. In addition, an award winning in-house architectural lighting design team have delivered projects such as RCSI in Dublin, VHI, Apple HQ Cork, Trinity College, DIT Grangegorman, Dublin Port, Oracle, The Law Society, Deloitte, St. Vincent’s Hospital and Dublin Airport T2. We are an Enterprise Ireland client company.
In May 2018, ECI won the National Award for Lighting Project of the Year for our installation at Oracle EMEA HQ in Dublin.
Our in-house lighting design team was also shortlisted in London for the international Lux Awards and our installation at the Royal College of Surgeons (RSCI) in Dublin helped make it “Ireland’s favourite building”.
• Lead the product development and innovation function with the business;
• Ensure compliance with all industry rules, regulations and guidelines, and preparation/upkeep of technical document bibles;
• Be a key technical resource for the entire company, with a strong ability to manage multiple troubleshooting tasks for a range of stakeholders;
• Manage the Prelux brand portfolio of energy efficient LED products, our extensive range of LED lighting;
The Ideal Candidate:
• Comes from an Electronics/Electrical Engineering background;
• Has a comprehensive technical understanding of LED Lighting and some expertise in specialized areas such as Emergency Lighting, Dimming, Controls and Wireless functionality;
• Identifies quickly new market trends globally, is consistently aware of evolutions in lighting, and helps shape the Prelux product range to compete at home and in our international markets;
• Liaises closely with our Chinese and European manufacturing partners in terms of new product development;
• Works effectively with our Sales and Supply Chain teams in identifying the critical needs of the business;
• Willingness and availability to travel from time to time to Europe and China for factory and trade show visits;